Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 06:40 PM   #28359 (permalink)
ladyislingering
Maelian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Job hunt is bust, apparently I'm either unemployable or no one is hiring.
Build yourself a resume and print it on some decent paper.

Find a place where people are kind of like you. I learned this the hard way because there have been times where I've decided to bullshit my way through a job interview and ended up on a job where everyone's really stuck up and not worth talking to (and the boss was a cunt).

Aggressively pursue that shit until someone takes you seriously.

Cruise newspapers, Craigslist, Indeed, LinkedIN, stripmalls, whatever. Enlist in temp agencies if you have to (sometimes they're good, sometimes they're not so good, but I've seen their services are more favorable toward those who are outwardly male and therefore apparently capable of manual labor - Temp agency logic doesn't make a lot of sense).

If it's a walk-in establishment and not necessarily a corporate setting, be a customer. Introduce yourself to the manager before your transaction is through. Tell them they've got a great place. Butter that shit right up. Give them a copy of your resume (walk around with a folder if you need to - that's what I used to do, and I looked slick as hell).

There are ways to get your foot in the door but the best time of year to go job searching is in August and September - the youth are going back to school and establishments are losing their summer staff (most of the time) to some degree. Hell, move to the suburbs if you have the opportunity.

Anyway.

I've spent most of my day in bed. I feel quite ill. My bones are aching and I have the strangest toothache in a place where a wisdom tooth used to be (what the hell, seriously??) so I'm a bit worse for wear.