Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 01:40 AM   #11649 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psy-Fi View Post
^ You just reminded me of my all-time favorite musical. It still sounds just as exiting and enjoyable to me as it did the first time I heard it many years ago...

A BUNCH OF GREAT WEST SIDE STORY CLIPS

So many great tunes all the way through that one.
i have to ask....have you heard Schlong's Punk Side Story?

or

it's better than it sounds....it's brilliant in it's own way

i love the classics but for me the Tim Rice years are the platinum years of the musical....and Chess in particular....the first time i heard it in its entirety was when me and two other friends were driving from Reno to Ashland Or to go to the Ashland Shakespeare festival....the entire 6 hour drive was the Chess soundtrack and Crass back and forth.....i was 14

then a year later i was able to see it in San Francisco and it was fucking amazing....it opened with an actual chess game....as in there were humans dressed as every piece on a chess board....and throughout the musical it kept going back to the progression of the game....just honestly indescribable

i don't think this little production will be quite that elaborate....but i have to say that Jen telling me about this and even more that she is in it seriously made my week

right after i read her post on facebook i looked at my iPod and was pleased to see that it was on there.....all i listened to today over a 10 hour drive was Chess

^i already told her that i don't think there is ANY way i can contain myself from not singing along with this song and Anthem

Anthem i might be able to get away with.....but Nobody's Side....impossible....i can't get even close to any of those high notes

also the music for Chess was written by ABBA! (or at least the two males from ABBA)
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote