Music Banter - View Single Post - KISS- why not retire??
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 12:30 PM   #521 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by galt54 View Post
OK. But they acted more stoopid than the Three Stooges.
Now you're being silly.

Quote:
Why do so many people enjoy stoopidity as entertainment? I only like the music of Kiss for the sake of the music. I hate the lyrics and the stage show (judging from the snippets I´ve seen on the Internet).
Why do some people like tea and others coffee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by galt54 View Post
Well, I like intelligent stoopidity.
I like the Marx Brothers but I also like the Three Stooges just as much.

Quote:
But stoopid stoopidity? "Indiscretion in the Ladies Room" for example? Or "Getaway" ("I gotta, gotta getaway! Gotta, gotta getaway!" Repeat, repeat.).
Loads of bands repeat their own lyrics, Kiss don't have the exclusive rights to that.

Quote:
I´d die of embarassment to perform that stuff in front of an auditorium full of people while wearing greasepaint.
I bet you would, but I'm sure plenty of $ would ease your embarrassment.

Quote:
And Gene sticking his tongue out at the audience and spitting phony baloney blood is supposed to be entertaining? What´s the point?
It's called a trademark gimmick and it's primary aim is to get people to always remember it, which you've done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
The problem with KISS though is it isn't funny, it's just lame.

GWAR gets the the thumbs up though.
If Kiss hadn't existed, GWAR might not have either.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote