Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Non-Musical Opinions
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 01:30 PM   #470 (permalink)
skyline
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankycaaant View Post
there was a girl in my flat last year at Uni who claimed she could eat red or yellow peppers but not green, because they didn't feel right.
Same person who couldn't touch a pencil case because of the feeling.

Why has OCD got so wimpy. Having a last fm and RYM is perfectly fine, but when you're getting obsessively compulsive about which materials you can touch you know you need to get a grip of yourself.
That's....not OCD. I think it’s just people being generally spoiled for choice nowadays, don't like X? Then how about Y or Z? Rarely do you really need to make do, if you have a want or need then there's a market for it and people will try their hardest to sell it to you at an affordable price. Want a toothbrush? There's countless makes and models out there that spin bend or twist in a wide variety of ways, don't like that shade of blue? Handle a little on the stiff side? Slightly too big to stand in the cup? Why settle when there's so much too choose from.

The more well-to-do always had that problem, they were seen as picky or eccentric, they don't have to put up with discomfort so they don't. I wouldn't say it's really a bad thing so long as they can afford it.
skyline is offline   Reply With Quote