Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 02:25 AM   #2770 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

I don't know if anyone besides Pete will be interested, but they have a trailer for season 3 of Arrow up now.

Spoiler for Spoilers for first two seasons of Arrow:
I think I'm going to like how they deal with R'as al Ghul. They're making him seem pretty mysterious and quasi-terrifying at this point, and seeing as how they've been slowly dropping hints throughout the series it definitely feels like they've been building up to a truly epic story arc for him rather than merely being this season's big bad and nothing much else. They did the same with Slade, although that was a much more explicit and involved slow burn, and it really payed off in the end. That was a seriously dramatic conclusion to season 2, and since they've now shown that they know how to ramp up drama in a big way I'm stoked to see if they can outdo themselves with a character with as much potential as R'as al ****ing Ghul.

And I don't know just what they're going to do with it, but I'm also stoked to see if the Suicide Squad is going to be playing a role. They were almost more of a cameo last season, but considering what they implied with Diggle, that he was going to have issues as a member of the team, I'm hoping he'll have more of a connection to the Suicide Squad. I kind of saw something like this coming, since Diggle was always sort of an alternate Arrow, and with Arsenal coming on board the need for his character is going to be in question. And with his connection to Deadshot and his wife it certainly seems that they've been planning for this eventuality at least since last season. Also, what with Amanda Waller seeming to be a quasi-enemy of Oliver's in the flashbacks I'm wondering if this is going to mean conflict between the Arrow and the Suicide Squad, and hence Diggle.

Also, Harley Quinn. Needs to happen. They gave her a cameo last season with the Suicide Squad, so I don't see why they would miss the opportunity to include her with them. Although that would naturally bring up the question of a possible Joker, at least somewhere in the future.

Trailer has serious spoilers for season 2 at the beginning.

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote