Music Banter - View Single Post - Why does the mainstream industry only want a select few to be popular?
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 09:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Well I understand people can find their underappreciated artists or singers but I just thought it would be interesting to discuss for discussion purposes.

I don't think its because people just "like the radio". I think people like what they are overexposed to or have been exposed to. I think the general music listener is use to a particular style of music or singer so they just accept it since pop music is so easily accessible.

If people were introduced to a different type of artist or singer I think they would like it as well.

I think the internet has made it easier for music listeners to appreciate their underappreciated artists and other music but it still does not change that the pop industry looks over them. I know it doesnt matter what the industry thinks but once upon a time the industry was more diverse than what it is now. I think it can still be diverse but for some reason the industry does not want it to be.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote