Music Banter - View Single Post - Obsessed with our live sound!
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 10:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by starship trooper View Post
Quite the opposite; I have a Blues Jr and a Telecaster, and I use some very good distortion pedals (a Rat and a Big Muff clone).

Could there be the possibility that I'm overreacting? Like, I remember one time I asked this audience member two questions: 1) how was the tone? and 2) was the volume too loud/quiet?. The audience member told me that I sounded great, and the volume was fine.

BTW, I put my BJ on an amp stand. It sounds fine from the stage, but every time I walk into the audience during the soundcheck, it doesn't sound as good. So I'm guessing a mic would capture the good sound I'm getting from the stage, and send it through the PA so that the audience could hear what I'm hearing?
In that case, yes by all means mic that sucker up. If you start with good tone, you get good tone out. Sounds like it's just a matter of volume. A bit of EQ'ing on the PA end and you should have something good to work with.

Keep in mind, although I've played many shows, with quite a few different set-ups, I'm no expert.