Music Banter - View Single Post - Why does the mainstream industry only want a select few to be popular?
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 02:47 PM   #112 (permalink)
Black Francis
Out of Place

I don't have a straight answer for this but i have noticed how popularity comes first to professionalism, that is to say you don't have to be the best singer to be the most popular singer but i don't blame the industry for this i blame the consumers, the way i see it is if the masses want ****ty pop singers that's what they'll give us and they'll keep giving them to us as long as the majority of ppl are into that, now hipsters or anyone who falls in the statistics as a minority can also have their brand of music but it won't be as popular..

i think all of us who don't follow every popular trend in music have made peace with that, we know the bands we love aren't exactly the most popular ones yet we also now that most of them also have a cult following so even as a minority there are still thousands of ppl that luv the same bands you love.

I can't take into account ppl's subjective taste in music so i see it as a numbers game, who is the majority and who is the minority.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbRbCtIgW3A
Black Francis is offline   Reply With Quote