Music Banter - View Single Post - Underrated Punk bands.
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 10:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
GravitySlips
Music Addict

X from Australia are better than X from LA to be honest.
Well maybe not, but I certainly prefer them. Writing them off is just daft.
The Ex > X (Australia) > X (LA)

Also, WhateverDude, you should check out Really Red if you like the Big Boys and the Dicks. Really Red are criminally obscure - they were a real smart and original band, great lyrics, weird melodies and (like Big Boys/Minutemen) some fantastic bass playing. Lots of Texas hardcore bands were among the best in the 80s scene and Really Red are up there - none better than the Big Boys, though. Big Boys were brilliant from start to finish, and it's a shame they're not so well known in comparison to a band like Bad Brains, who were brilliant for one album and half of another, and atrocious thereafter.

Dicks too. What a fantastic band.
We've probably all heard the Mudhoney cover of Hate The Police. Original slays it!

Kudos to the threadstarter. All great ****ing bands. The vast majority of 80s hardcore is average to rubbish, but you've nailed some of the better obscure stuff. X from Aus too, brilliant band.

Some others I think should be more well known:

Die Kreuzen, Saccharine Trust, Void, Negative Approach, The Effigies (their first two EPs - wow!!!), early Naked Raygun before they turned into an American Stiff Little Fingers, Squirrel Bait, Man Sized Action, Rudimentary Peni, Fang, Angry Samoans, Crucifucks, Tar Babies,

Didjits too. What a fun band Didjits were!

Cows too. Cows rule!
No Trend as well.
And Bastro. If you like Big Black, you'll probably like Bastro.

And JFA. I used to love JFA. I think I'd hate them now though, unlike everyone else I've mentioned who I still endorse to varying degrees. Same applies to Reagan Youth.

So much good ****.
Such an incoherent post.
Aw well...
GravitySlips is offline   Reply With Quote