Music Banter - View Single Post - Goofle11's Twenty Fourteen Listening Log
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 05:11 PM   #97 (permalink)
Goofle
the worst guy

So basically in honor of this album being far and away my favourite of 2014, I thought I would share my RYM review of it. I will probably edit it slightly in the near future, but here it is as of right now.

When I first listened to Born to Die I pretty much disregarded it. Maybe it had something to do with me being heavily into theneedledrop at that time, coupled with my own snobbiness when it came to more popular music.

But over time, I started giving less of a fuck what any critic said, and chose to follow my ears. This led me to re-visiting that album, as well as several others by her, and absolutely adoring them.

There's something about Lana Del Rey that I can't get enough of. Her voice, the elegant production and - in a twisted way - her pretty naff lyrics (though I have never been one who cared too much about lyrics in general). 'Ultraviolence' is no different. Lush voice, serene production and some of the silliest most crud lyrics you are ever likely to enjoy. But I love it. I properly love it. This album is fantastic.

It's far more complete than her previous efforts, with more emphasis on mood, structure, progression and telling a story. Hooks that repeat over and over in my head, endearing little phrases and that voice. My goodness.

Give me Lana Del Rey over any of your shitty bands like Radiohead and Arcade Fire. This is music to me.

**5 STARS FUCKERS COME AT ME AND @ ME FREELY**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote