Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Deep Purple Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 07:12 PM   #50 (permalink)
Musicwhore A-Z
Music Addict

Since I'm heading out shortly to see Deep Purple tonight ( 8-4-14) I thought I'd say my piece about them. YES, if there's ever a conversation between rock fans about the importance of Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin in the annals of hard rock, it is IMPERATIVE to include Deep Purple in that conversation! Specifically the "Mach II" lineup ( Blackmore, Gillan, Glover, Lord, and Paice). In short order: the REAL Deep Purple, and the ONLY incarnation that should be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame WHEN their time comes. I'm confident that we will see that happen in 2015 FINALLY!

Musically, I have to admit though that their catalog as a whole is somewhat spotty. Which is obviously due to the constant lineup changes throughout their career. That said, of the Holy Trinity of British hard rock, Deep Purple are arguably the best musicians overall. However, I think Sabbath have the stronger catalog when all is said and done. But I digress. Make no mistake though: 'Speed King', 'Highway Star', 'Perfect Strangers', 'Child In Time', 'Bloodsucker', 'Nobody's Home', 'Space Truckin', 'Black Night', and 'Lazy' are all timeless classics, and DESERVE to be heard and appreciated by any self-respecting hard rock fan! Good stuff! Now, off to the show! Bye! ...
Musicwhore A-Z is offline   Reply With Quote