Music Banter - View Single Post - Sexual Harrassment
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 03:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Default Sexual Harrassment

Hi boys and girls. Today I want to talk about sexual harassment.

Now you all know I'm attention seeking, but I do have a big problem with unwanted sexual harassment. The last 3 days I've had labourers in trucks learing and cat calling, a guy in a truck staring at me non stop as the bus was waiting at the lights and today an old man sat down right beside me at the bus stop asking me questions, staring and trying to touch me and put his arm around me. I did not encourage this at all. I felt so uncomfortable and am really sick of it. I've had a guy physically stalk me after asking me heaps of personal questions when I was 16 and had a guy in a car cat call and literally stalked me to town following the bus I was in. The most frightening was when I had a car load of guys turn around after seeing me and drove along by me slowly as I was walking, making obscene and sexual comments. I ended up hiding in the dairy on the end of my street. They stayed for ages and were waiting for me to come back down. I was so scared, I felt like they were going to throw me in their car and do who knows what. I managed to grab a guy walking the same way and asked him to walk me to my house. We went past the men in the car who watched me like a hawk and I got into my home quickly and I heard them drive off.

Has anyone else been sexually harassed too? Do you think cat calling is offensive? Have you ever cat called someone yourself?

I am making this thread because I'm fed up of being hassled. Is there any way that we could help change the attitudes of these people? I have heard a lady say she handed out cards telling them if they thought she was attractive could they say so respectfully or not say anything at all.