Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 09:49 AM   #28512 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Just going or are you playing? I seem to remember a while back you considering joining, or at least going on tour, with a buddy's band, but you were debating with yourself whether you wanted to do it and possibly hurt your job chances back home or give the idea of that kind of life up for good to focus on "real life" and being "responsible". I don't remember if you ever followed up with how that ended, so I'm kind of curious where you're at in music making and playing these days.
I'm playing this one. Leave tomorrow, we play the Memorial service on Friday, and then the big show on Saturday. Sunday I rest, and Monday I come back home. I'm gonna load up on Motrin since my wrist isn't fully healed, and I have quite a few songs to play. Mostly top 40 stuff, and classic rock. I still consider it a vacation. I'm bringing my dirt bike too.

As far as the tour thing, yeah that didn't work out. The drummer from our old band (Koncrete Pillo) who is good friends with the band "Convoy" asked me if I wanted to do that. Brian (the singer for Convoy) heard my 2nd album, and wanted us to get back together and tour with him. We had a few practices, but nothing else came of it. Would have been fun playing Sturgis, and Daytona Beach. It's a lot of work though, and I ain't no spring chicken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Have fun!
Thanks! Will do!