Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 09:29 AM   #21120 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post
i defiantly think that the best years of Download are up through III when Spyby was more involved ion the group.....i went through a long and dark Dead Voices on Air binge and obviously there was quite a bit of Download play and most of it came from Furnace....great album that really should be heard by everyone at least once
Definitely agree with you that their best output was up through III. They've got some good material after that but to be honest it might as well all be the same album. It pains me to say that. But yes, Spybey played a huge role in what made them good. I remember seeing them live on The Eyes of Stanley Pain tour and just being mesmerized watching Spybey pick up random noise-makers and whatever he was doing sounded exactly like what I knew from the albums - plus his vocals. It was just amazing. Watching the other members was amazing too. Still to this day the most mesmerizing show I've ever seen. And yeah, ok, the gel acid and shroom tea I consumed prior to the show may have had a role in that.