Music Banter - View Single Post - What Makes a Good Singer?
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 01:03 PM   #41 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
lol well, I will digress. I don't mean to imply you don't know what you're talking about. It is clear that we have a few different opinions on what a good singer or vocalist is. I think Jared Leto isn't half bad at what he does. You think he sounds worse than a cat getting screwed. That's cool. Not that it matters. But the majority of 30 Seconds To Mars s/t is better than anything they've put out after it.

And to clarify. I wasn't comparing Freddie Mercury to Jared Leto. I'd be crazy to do that. I was attempting to make a point. A point that failed, clearly.

And to everyone else. Stop thinking I'm not prepared for people to disagree with me. This is called debating, or a discussion. Unless someone says something completely stupid. Don't expect me to piss all over someone or their opinion. If you think what I've said to Hale was extreme or ridiculous. That's cool on you. But I went in to this with a calm temper and retain it still. All is good here. There's no bent ego.

EDIT:

Hale, sometimes bloodshed is good my friend. So let it flow! The popular songs are always what you will hear. The bands good material from their s/t just became a platinum record recently so, that says something about peoples taste. What the band writes now is to appeal to the specific audience, like you pointed out. They are capable of putting out better material. I don't say that to sway your opinion of the band by the way. It's just a general statement.
Discussion is good. I don't take any offense to anyone ever with an opinion on music. I think its great that people can take something different from music of all genres and now in this day and age we can discuss it. I can clearly see you are fond of the self titled. I remember it being a big hit back when it came out which is why I initially gave it a shot. And for all the people that are quick to jump on the guy, let him have his opinion and lets keep the discussion going on vocalists, no harm no foul. I didn't find anything harmful in your post so have at it. As for them having the ability to produce better music, I can only hope so.