Music Banter - View Single Post - What Makes a Good Singer?
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 01:20 PM   #44 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
I can agree with that. I am not fond of their music in anyway self titled included, but that just leaves more music for the masses to eat up. I'm not a real fan of top 40 alternative which is what i would deem them. If I had to like a similar band per alternative choices it would be Incubus, which get alot of flak themselves. Great singer is such a personal thing, that I don;t think there is ever gonna be a wrong answer. Hell I think Weird Al is a excellent vocalist.
No, you're spot on saying they're a top 40 band, especially now. Fits them perfectly. But I prefer more underground or under the radar bands. Commercial or mainstream music is pretty bland right now, compared to years and years ago.

I am a huge Incubus fan. Brandon Boyd is a pretty phenomenal singer. Incubus as a band is pretty tight, good musicians all around. I don't even mind how much their sound has changed over the years. They started sounding a bit similar to Linkin Park, even though Incubus was around and had records out before Linkin Park...I just think their sound at one point had similarity.
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote