Music Banter - View Single Post - Bon Jovi vs Limp Bizkit
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 01:23 PM   #74 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
You know. I've only saw Deftones live once, back on their Diamond Eyes album tour. I honestly thought Chino sounded pretty good. I prefer his voice live over what I hear on their albums, to be honest. It has a rawness to it. You saw the band live or YouTube video? Because a video uploaded to YouTube really kills sound quality and doesn't do well to give people an idea of what a singer in a band sounds like in a live setting. I'd say go catch Deftones live if you haven't yet. Killer live show...

I've also saw Chino with one of his many side projects. I saw him with his project Crosses with the guitarist from Far. Pretty killer show as well. His vocals were spot on.
I've seen them live three times. Each time I kept hoping their sound guy would get the mix right but was disappointed in ways. I wouldn't call it horrible, but the vocals were very subdued and there were problems with feedback at every single show. I'm sure they have their good days, unfortunately I wasn't there to see it. I love the Deftones in general though, definitely a unique sound that screams deftones upon first listen.