Music Banter - View Single Post - What Makes a Good Singer?
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 01:26 PM   #45 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
No, you're spot on saying they're a top 40 band, especially now. Fits them perfectly. But I prefer more underground or under the radar bands. Commercial or mainstream music is pretty bland right now, compared to years and years ago.

I am a huge Incubus fan. Brandon Boyd is a pretty phenomenal singer. Incubus as a band is pretty tight, good musicians all around. I don't even mind how much their sound has changed over the years. They started sounding a bit similar to Linkin Park, even though Incubus was around and had records out before Linkin Park...I just think their sound at one point had similarity.
Brandon Boyd is on a different level lyrically then most top 40 which is appealing to me. I like their quirky mixes on record and they have alot of dynamics in their music and changes i can get behind. I get **** from my bros all the time when i toss them on, but they all have their musical skeletons in their closets as we all do. **** Bob and Goofle think Lana Del Rey has the best album of 2014.