Music Banter - View Single Post - The world's worst movies
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 03:11 PM   #65 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
OK: When Arnold melted himself down at the end of T2—thereby preventing the creation of Skynet and eliminating the situation of Reese ever coming back in time and boning Sarah—why didn't John Connor cease to exist? This has bugged me about that movie since it first came out.
Ok I could really get into this, but I will try to keep it short. If we are going with the (completely freaking horrible) T3 timeline, then they didn't prevent the creation of Skynet. They just postponed it.

If we are ignoring T3 (which I like to do since it was so incredibly bad) then T1 and T2 are the only ones that matter and we can get into the interesting stuff.

Sensible explanation:

John Connor is just a name. A symbol to get through the war. Whatever kid Sarah had was gonna be named John, who's to say she didn't bone some dude in a gas station and then named him John? Then Kyle shows up and does the job instead. Different "John" but he was raised thinking he was going to be the leader of the resistance...so in essence, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Skynet would need no explanation because T2 was the end (eff you T3) and they prevented Judgement Day. Why didn't that John just disappear once Arnie got melted? Alternate realities. Time is a flat circle.

Ridiculous explanation:

Kyle was from the future but the sperm used to impregnate Sarah was made in "this" time (as in, he created that baby butter post time travel), so it's specific to this timeline therefore Kyle being from the future doesn't mean a thing.