Music Banter - View Single Post - Sexual Harrassment
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 04:04 AM   #56 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
For clarity: I think it's more with younger women and generally the ones who crave the attention.

As a college student and someone employed where the above is the majority of the female population, it's not uncommon at all.

The point of the question was to generate discussion because as you admit it does exist. The extent of it's existence is irrelevant to the conversation.
I imagine both incidents involve similar levels of douchiness, but if a girl unloads on me like that I'm going to be annoyed or at most pissed. Aside from that I'll just go about my day, possibly stewing in hurt pride and resentment, but otherwise unscathed. Catcalling has the potential to cause actual fear for one's safety. I'm not saying any guy who gives a boorish holler to a buxom damsel needs to be checked before he is wrecked, but it's still flirting with rape culture, even just a tad, so it's far more in need of careful consideration than just some innocuous douchebaggery. Personally I'm not going to say something random and unnuanced like that to a woman I've never met, anymore, even if only because such a difficult and delicate operation as hitting on a complete stranger would require much more skill and finesse than a "Hey, baby! You ever had your ******* licked by a fat man in an overcoat?!" I mean, come on fat guy in a construction hat, do you honestly think you're getting those digits with that?
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote