Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 11:53 PM   #946 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

I'm against the death penalty. Who on earth has the right to decide what is a good enough reason to kill someone for a crime they had committed? Can you truly justify it?

I understand that Singapore has a huge drug problem, which is why there is tough penalties, but it doesn't solve the problem. Killing the people caught for drug dealing/using won't scare other drug suppliers, I doubt they'd be in a state of mind to even understand that.

Instead of trying to execute people, why not detox them, jail them, and if they come back to reality and are sorry, have them go around schools for example, and talk about their experiences, encourage kids to not get involved with it? That would have more effect than just tough laws.

What about rapists? I think they get let off far to easily, after destroying someones life, they can just go on living normally after the short sentence has finished. That really, really annoys me.