Music Banter - View Single Post - Is real rock dead???
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 06:52 AM   #57 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

I just...I just don't know about this thread. Half laughing at it, the other half of the time I'm just face to palm over it.

Posing the question or debate as to Rock being 'dead' or 'still alive' is just something I can't grasp. I read a post from someone in this thread that agreed that Rock is dead, how it was an era. How is it dead and why was it simply an era of music? I ask this because I listen to Rock every day. It isn't the Rock from the 60's, the 70's, 80's, not usually but sometimes. There is Rock music for every generation. It will keep sounding somewhat different as the years or decades pass...

Really though? This entire thread baffles me. So the genre known or called Rock doesn't sound like it did so many years ago, decades ago. Because of this it must be dead? Hm. Folks, sorry but that is just silly. It may not be the dominate genre like it used to be. But the genre is still here.

Black Francis...

I agree with your post. But I dislike using terms or ways of sayings such as 'real rock isn't dead' because, well Rock music is Rock music. I get that you used the term to more or less address the Rock you like or think is the good Rock music. So why not just say that instead of 'real rock'? Alright. I'm done being nit picky haha.

Last edited by CoNtrivedNiHilism; 08-12-2014 at 06:59 AM.
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote