Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 07:25 AM   #8805 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
I'd just like to say...

Absolutely in no way does it take away from Elvis' merit or talent that the majority of his material, are covers. As was stated by many others before me. Being that a lot of his music was a cover song. That man managed to pull off something spectacular because he was genuine talent, he was a fabulous entertainer/singer. If any person can actually say seriously that Elvis was not all that talented of a fellow, or he has no merit or contribution to the music he played...sir or madam, the door is over there, please leave with your opinions.

Just saying, haha...

realtalk92

People don't need to be attractive to be successful, nor talented. There's examples of artists that prove that true. And you sound a bit ignorant to say Elvis contributed nothing innovative to the music he made a career out of. Sir. I'm just not so sure about you sometimes.
I think its ignorant that a board like this insists that an African American artist like MJ is overrated BUT yet he WROTE good pop songs and 90 percent of his catalogue, enhanced the music video and made it into an art form and came up with iconic original moves but the posters here insist a marketing product like Elvis should be called the King of Rock N Roll simply because he made bland imitations of Blues and copied a bunch of black performers.

Oh the irony....

.... that is what is ignorant.

For the record, I never said he was not talented or tried to take his success away BUT no I will never insist or go along with the false propaganda that he originally created Rock N Roll, no sorry. I ain't falling for the okie doke. I am not a sir, I am a woman, sir.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote