Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 02:02 AM   #955 (permalink)
Merkaba
Whitewater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by half_baked87
what the **** is that supposed to mean, "someone" who? who the hell has the right to say i'm going to take charge and clean up the world. thats what hitler and stalin tried to do. make everyone equal and the same, exterminate any loose ends. and thats called genocide. i'd like to think the human race has learned from its mistake but this turd is a perfect example of how ignorant we still are. im not saying i know how to fix all our problems, but capital punishment is NOT the way. what does it accomplish? no matter how many you kill theres always going to be another murderer, another rapist, and since some of you seem to be complete hardasses, thiefs and drug traffickers etc. and since we're for punishing drug traffickers and theives, how about some punishment of a government that mislead its people, and this applies both in the US and canada. why don't we lynch a few of them they fabricated crucial information, acepted dirty money (canada), and cost human lives. how come theres no call for them to be executed? its really sad that the majority of people dont look at the whole picture. that being said, theres a big difference between a guy on the street who has to sell whatever drugs to stay alive, and a loaded drug kingpin. i am in no way against imprisoning and rehabiliting drug addicts, traffickers, theives, the whole bit. and really, theres worse crimes than someone stealing a ****ing car. no one should die for stealing anything, a persons life doesn't have monetary value. we're all guilty of one thing, being human, so lets act like it and cut the bull****.
now, i'm going to get drunk,
Man, I've read some shit in my lifetime. That came down the road of craptacular, turned right at retard's roundabout and went up the road to nowhere.

I see your trying to say the death penalty isn't just but what a meal you've made of it. People need to be punished. While no one person should dictate another persons life, it sure as hell sends a strong message out. It's like parenting. If you buy your kids cellphones and cook them their favourite dinners evernight, they're sooner or later going to realise they can have it their way all the time. If you don't lay down the law, people are just going to capitilise on it. It's human nature to try and beat the system. So when you've got smugglers and trafficers out there, they need to know the risks will be fatal, so best play hardball right?

As cheeseman said, you have to think about the flow on effects. They are always worse than the actual crime. And did you just say your kids would be the idiots? If you had a daughter and she was seduced and raped you would call it her fault for having a vagina?

Christ man wake up and smell the flowers. I don't like to see people dying as much as the next, and even for the smallest of offences by comparrison, but think about it...If that guy was a major player in a drug ring when a deal goes bad, there would be more then one person dying wouldn't there. I'm not saying it would have happened, but if it had, killing the guy now as a warning and punishment, would be more effective then letting it boil over where the government has no control.

It's all good and bad. Positive and negative lights to look at it from. I say no to the killings for such and such, but say yes for such and such also.