Music Banter - View Single Post - Is real rock dead???
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 07:45 AM   #90 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
I was mainly addressing the OP and since to my knowledge 'Real Rock' isn't really a genre i tried to focus on what era of rock ppl call 'Real Rock'

like i said, my fav era in music was the grunge movement of the 90's, but notice i called it grunge not "Real Rock" (wthvr that means)

My main problem with this thread is the guy didn't say "This is my fav era of rock" he just basically stated what he likes is real rock and anything outside of that isn't.

and to top it off the guy didn't really explain himself properly cause this isn't the first time ive heard this kinda argument but this time it was really phrased poorly.
This right here that you've said was more or less my initial thought of the OP or thread in general. The term 'real rock' is ridiculous and means nothing to me. There's no such thing...

I guess it is pretty much like you describe. If 'real rock' had to be anything, well it's simply defined by what the individual considers the good Rock music, and not much more beyond that. Even so. The term is ridiculous.
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote