Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 09:25 AM   #28588 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
My laptop's speakers are ****. I get by fine, but they just have no volume and not much in the way of sound quality, so I just dug up some old computer speakers and hooked them up. They're definitely a lot louder, and are probably the loudest speakers I've had in years (not saying much). I'm not sure but I think the bass may be blown out. Never had blown out speakers so I wouldn't really know. They have hella bass, but there's a "Bass Defeat" button on them that kills a lot of it, and if I don't press it the bass is kind of ridiculous. They're old as hell too, and unless I have that button pressed down they get kind of dodgy, with the right speaker sounding like it's about to go off a little bit. ****, still bassy as **** though. Playing Dopethrone as a test case and it sounds bad-****ing-ass.

Damn, just as I wrote that the left one went out for a few seconds. Damn oldass speakers. Not gonna turn them down though, cause I'm metal like that. I like my **** sounding rough and ****ed up anyway.
If you play your music through Windows Media Player, there's an EQ you could use to roll off some of that bass.

I used to have my laptop hooked up to my Line 6 75w head with one 4x10 cabinet, and one 4x12 cabinet. My neighbors hated me.

Then there was the time I made headphones out of a pair of 6x9 car speakers.

What? Speak up. Can't hear.