Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 10:10 AM   #5461 (permalink)
The Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
I was never one of those age people when it came to people delivering the goods. I thought we were discussing the ability to enhance a team not the age of a person. Surely he will have more time to prove himself, but I'd rather have Costa at this point strictly for his ability to put the ball in the net.
If we're talking about a player's ability, surely potential is an attribute we should consider.
My point is that Lukaku is not nearly the player he promises to be as opposed to Costa who has probably peaked.

See, at this point only one of the two players has a proven record of scoring in the Premier League, many big names have come into England with great scoring levels and not measured up, heck many players have done this for Chelsea

Shevchenko, Crespo, Eto'o, Kezman, Pizzaro, Quaresma and even Torres who had a proven scoring record in England, couldn't get it done.

Why would anyone think Costa would be any different. Arguably the only striker who has performed for Chelsea in the last 10 years is Didier Drogba.

Also, Chelsea paid £18m to sign Lukaku when he was a complete unknown, that Everton paid only £10m more three years later after he is a regular for his country and has proven himself in the Premier League is a great piece of business.

Mourinho will be kicking himself come this time next year (if he still has a job)
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote