Music Banter - View Single Post - Kanye West
Thread: Kanye West
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 01:42 PM   #708 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankycaaant View Post
Sorry if anything I've written sounded passive aggressive. Not intention. Hard to convey emotion over the internet. I enjoy discussing the merits of different artists, that's all.
Nah man not at all. Just a difference of opinion. If I felt that way I would have removed myself from the conversation, I don't participate in forum warrior debates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Most hip hop heads like Dwn only want one kind of sound from their hip hop and if it doesn't have that 90's feel to it then they pass it up and shun it regardless of who it is.
If you said that to me about 8 years ago I would have totally agreed but I am different now. I don't look for sound in hiphop at all, it's about lyrics for me (when considering talent), minus the classics which were just such a huge part of my life that they will always be appreciated. Also, I bump mainstream rap when driving because I only have a radio and as I stated earlier I prefer it in bar/club environments. I just don't hold it in high regard when I consider what defines a talented MC.

However, aside from a few songs I really don't like Kanye songs the moment he opens his mouth. It's a shame really because I like his beats but his arrogance and ****ty MC presence ruins it for me.

Also, I won't shun a song based on who it's made by. If I like the song I like the song, I got over being a music snob and telling people their musical opinions are wrong a while ago. My opinions may differ and sometimes I will express that difference but at the end of the day I recognize that music is a completely personal thing and there are no ways that I know of to define what makes a song good or bad without imposing strict parameters on the debate.

to me Kanye sucks.
to you Kanye is awesome.

You aren't wrong, I just don't share your opinion. I just told you I enjoyed that second CyHi track your linked.

The discussion Manky and I just had didn't focus on Kanye as an artist, it was about his influence on hiphop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump

Last edited by DwnWthVwls; 08-13-2014 at 01:56 PM.
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote