Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Grunge dead?
Thread: Is Grunge dead?
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 12:46 AM   #18 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

Puddle of Mudd and their singer never were anything great in my opinion. I mean, I'm sure the guys in the band could do something else if they wanted, I may like it depending on the approach taken but, nothing really that original or great about Puddle of Mudd. I'd say that their singer Wes pinned lyrics that often would reflect that of a nu-metal song writing style with that nuanced grunge influence. I can't write off the band completely. Because they have their moments of decent music. That's as good as they get for me...

Wes lip synced at a more recent show the band played. He got pissed off at the crowd when they called him out. A bit of an unprofessional and childish move on his part. I don't see lip syncing as something anyone should do. If you can't do it live. Don't do it at all.

Anyway. Yeah. Grunge had some good song writers. Personally I thought Gavin Rossdale of Bush had a rather nice way of pinning lyrics. He wasn't always real great. But there are songs that really impress me, a good number of them. Bush is just great in my own mind. Yeah. Another forum member here stated that they are a commercial label band, I think it was The Batlord that said it. And you know, I cannot say he was wrong by saying it either. Back in the 90's however. Bush was more their own thing, still grunge, but also still more or less their own thing with their own list of influences. Nowadays. Gavin Rossdale is pinning a more commercial stylized lyric/and or Bush sound in general. The Sea Of Memories had some real good tracks with a nuanced influence of the bands glory days. But it wasn't a solid album all through either.

Silverchair is alright in my book. But I don't own any of their music. Don't really listen all that often either.
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote