Music Banter - View Single Post - Overrated songs
Thread: Overrated songs
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 09:26 AM   #146 (permalink)
Kashmir86
Traveler Of Time & Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
Those, are without a doubt, the worst ****ing examples i have ever heard.

You are gonna say that all rap sucks based on Eminem and Ja Rule?... How lame can you get?... Anyway, you are taking some of those artists worst songs to make a example, why you are at it, you should go on about how The Beatles suck and then post the lyrics to Love Me Do or Wild Honey Pie and call it undeniable proof.

You are being a generaliser, or dare i say it, a racist. I mean do metal bands not sing about satan worshiping, bloody gore and violence?... Do punk bands not sing about doing smack and ****ing the authority?... Dosent 80% of all rock bands sing about Sex, Drugs and Rock N Roll?... Deeming all rap as offensive and with bad lyrics based on what little you have heard is a very close minded thing to do, you are ignoring the fact that there are several talented rappers, though i admit such talents are rare today, back in raps heyday, there were quite a lot of notable acts... Groups like Public Enemy and Tribe Called Quest had the balls to sing about issues that no rock band would touch with a ten foot poll, and other artists like Run DMC and KRS One who have positive messages in many of their songs, whom rarely have obscene lyrics in their songs.

So please.
yeah your right, the metal bands that sing abou satan worshipping and bloody gore and violence ****ing suck almost as bad as rap. i hate them too. i do not listen to them. nor do i listen to punk, although i havent heard of many punk songs that talk about shooting up. lets compare rap to rock and its messages of sex, drugs and rock n roll.

im not sure if your saying that love me do is a bad song or what, but that alone shows your ignorance. there are many rock songs that speak of sex, but all of the ones ive heard and liked involved sex with girls, (ones that are alive, and not your mother or 7 year olds). i can not think of one song in my music collection that speaks of deliberate murder, as 100s of rap songs out there do. oh, imagine this, jam master jay, the all important "dj" of your precious run dmc, was shot in the head and killed. hmm that sounds familiar, someone to do with rap getting shot, isnt that like an everyday occurence, must be because of their peaceful lyrics and lifestyle. I don't think there is a single genre of music that has seen so much violence and why is that do you think? so anyways boo boo go on listening to your precious rap, with its phat beats and all. i used to hold a lot of respect for you, but not anymore. in fact im hoping i get banned because ever since joining this forum my intellegince is dropping
An actor out on loan
Riders on the storm"

"How many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry?
How many deaths will it take till he knows
That too many people have died?"

"Diamond rope silver chain
Pretty noose is pretty pain
And I don’t like what you got me hanging from"
Kashmir86 is offline   Reply With Quote