Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Hip Hop Destroying American Youth?
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 06:14 PM   #28 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulflower View Post
I think you are misunderstanding my point.

I said the reason why Hip Hop was created was due to poverty, racism and struggles the inner city black youth experienced.

How did you get conscious hip hop music out of that?

Conscious hip hop music deals and discusses those issues that's how I get to that point. Rapper's delight was created because of the struggles of inner city black youth? No, it was created in a party atmosphere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulflower View Post
The RAP music playing on the radio is not Hip Hop. Hip Hop consits of a wide range of topics but the music playing on the radio is not Hip Hop because it does not accurately reflect the culture or African Americans. It does the exact opposite.

The current rap mainstream music is a corporate operation, NOTHING to do with Hip Hop.
You have a very narrow view of what hip hop music is and it's so much more than that.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote