Music Banter - View Single Post - A reason why people remain religious
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 03:14 PM   #51 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7 View Post
If you watch anime, you would know that there are characters (villans). For example, there is a character named 'Vegeta' in the anime Dragonball Z. I am deeply inspired by this character because of his sense of pride and power. To the hell with life itself and what it is. I have learned something very great and awesome from this character and I have embraced that and used that as my attitude in life. I would say this character is very mature (not some spoiled immature brat) and he has the attitude of a ruler and such. Therefore, since I have embraced his attitude, that then makes me the same as him. So, to me, being proud and arrogant is something very awesome and is not what you are thinking of it. So your opinion here that I am just some immature spoiled brat and such is not true at all.

Even if I were to be in a situation where I had to get help from others and even if I were to find out for a fact that, for example, if I were to think that I am the next best composer and found out that I wasn't, that would not change my sense of pride (the inspiration that I have received from anime and the character Vegeta).

Also, I am 25 years old and even if I were 90 years old, I would still have the exact same attitude I have now. Age has nothing to do with who you are as a person--it is yourself that changes who you are or you giving into other people's opinions and allowing that to change who you are. For example, someone who says "Grow up and act your age," if this person were then to do so according to this other person's opinion, it would of either been because he/she personally wanted to, or that he/she has allowed that person's opinion to dictate who he/she should be.
This is the funniest post I've read all day Thanks for confirming my hypothesis, Matt.

Stay awesome!