Music Banter - View Single Post - Why is modern Hip-Hop music, aswell as mainstream pop so hated by people?
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 06:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
MyRapNameIsAlex
Groupie

Well, first of all YouTube is where all trolls congregate. It's like the 2nd troll heaven after 4chan. It's a mix of people who really want a nice anonymous place to say all of the rude things they wouldn't say to people in person and people who just want to get people's goat and see if they can whip others into an emotional post for their own amusement.

But, even in spite of that. A lot of people hate rap music more and more because they feel it is hurting people on purpose just to make a buck. A lot of people like myself feel like Hip Hop was a diverse and beautiful culture that got standardized, bastardized and turned into a really boring and hurtful cartoon of its former self that reflects poorly on urban youth. I could go on but I'll stop myself.

Pop music is hated on because it's pop music and that's what it's there for. The pop music gets marketed to all the 13 year olds and makes a ton of money off of them. And then all other music gets marketed as anti-pop and makes a ton of money off of contrasting itself to pop music. That's how music is sold.
MyRapNameIsAlex is offline   Reply With Quote