Music Banter - View Single Post - Nicki Minaj
Thread: Nicki Minaj
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 12:24 AM   #407 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
I was referring to this comment.
The act is still degrading and that is my opinion. I am in no way pushing my thoughts on others by saying that.

YOU are pushing your opinion on me because you don't feel its degrading and since you disagree you think you have the authority to say what is or what is not degrading.

You said yourself that it was subjective. So what point are you trying to make?

I think it is degrading, that is my opinion you don't have to agree with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Exploiting? How is she being exploited? She WANTS to do it. That's you putting your opinion on it. Just because you think she is doing something morally reprehensible doesn't make it so to everyone else, can you at least acknowledge that?
Do you understand that I understand that and I am just stating my opinion?

You are the one clearly pushing your opinions on others here because I have never stated anything as a fact in any of these responses.

ALL of these responses are opinions, even YOURS.

Definition of "Exploit"

make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource)

use (a situation or person) in an unfair or selfish way.

I think that Nikki is using her body in an unfair way and she does not have to. She is making use of oversexualizing her body in order to get money. She has spent millions of dollars on plastic surgery in order to do this so how is this not a form of exploitation?

There are many different forms of exploitation and the person can play a part in their own exploitation as well.

I am bewildered with why she would do that. She claims she is an artist first and not a marketing gimmick. She often calls out Iggy and other rappers for doing the same thing she does.

Remember Nikki is just a package that her label is presenting. She is agreeing to go along with being exploited and I think that is a problem.

You can also play a part in exploiting yourself as well in my opinion.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote