Music Banter - View Single Post - small battery amp for busking-- pignose hog 20 ok?
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 08:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Coz the Shroom
Groupie

Default small battery amp for busking-- pignose hog 20 ok?

I wanna do street/park/protest performances and I asked my wife to get me a battery powered guitar amp for my birthday-- and not too expensive. Ideally, it would be cool if I could get one that would be loud enough for her to accompany me on a stripped down drum kit (snare, floor tom, hi hat).
I have a 10 watt danelecrtro honeytone and it is a pretty cool amp, but it uses a 9 volt battery that runs out way too fast, and is barely loud enough to get my guitar audible on the street.
I figure the pignose hog 20 has twice as much wattage, so it might be louder, and moreso for the pignose hog 30, both of which use a plug in rechargable battery pack which I like, like like!
There are youtube demos of the hog 20, but you can't judge volume from a video and the damned thing was miked on one video anyway!
Does anyone have any experience with these and can set me strait ? The pignose hog 30 is $40 more than the hog 20, but if the hog 20 is barely loud enough for what I want, should I spend the extra dough and get the hog 30? Or do they both suck?
Coz the Shroom is offline   Reply With Quote