Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 10:45 AM   #10822 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post

Katatonia - Brave Murder Day (1996)
A band I've been aware of for a number of years but haven't been compelled to check their albums until recently. This is a very enjoyable album of death/doom metal and also features Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth on harsh vocals.
Beware, this is by far the best album they ever put out. It's all downhill from there.

I went to see them a couple of years ago. It was OK for the first 20 minutes then it all blended into one monotonous, bland, dreary bore-fest.

PALLBEARER - FOUNDATIONS OF BURDEN (2014)

Second album doesn't seem as well done as the first, but it does hold it up pretty well thus far. I'm enjoying it. I await to see if it gets better or worse with a few more listens.

KARMA TO BURN - ARCH STANTON (2014)
Trademark instrumental stoner metal from KTB, except a marked improvement on their releases since their reformation in 2010. At under 40 minutes it's short, sweet, and rock and roll as ****.

WAHEELA - HX POP (2014)
Local noise-rock band with their first physical, studio release, on cassette (and download). It's so difficult to capture their live performances - long, droning pieces with screaming vocals, at times peaceful, at times manic, but with a lush, trippy atmosphere. They haven't quite nailed it here either, but done a much better job than previous CD-R releases. And predictably, the b-side live recording is the better side!

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote