Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 03:15 PM   #972 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkaba
The guy knew the laws though, he knew he was in danger yet he played the game. And he was charged with trafficing which is more comprehensive then just being caught in possession. And kids are kids. Yes it is their choice but I believe there is some form of seduction into getting them to buy off a complete stranger in the first place. It doesn't matter how pc it is that the kids are in the wrong for buying drugs, it's still morally wrong to have some fuck out on the street selling dangerous stuff, I don't care how dumb the kids are. I said at the bottom of my post I'm pratically sitting on the fence with reasons for and against the penalty, but I find arguing for it intriguing. Thats probably why it sounds like a contradiction as I have pro's and con's for eather way half-balked^^^.

I sort of do believe it is a deterant. Getting locked up for a few years or a major fine is nothing drug money probably couldn't fix. In a way you have to hit them where it hurts, and thats in numbers. I do agree with you on things like rapists and such. There is far worse scum than druggies or anything like that. It is a corrupt world for not keeping things equal.

The part about killing each other I got a little lost in Adidasss...Was it in referance to where I say something about a drug deal going wrong?
it was in refference to you saying it serves as a deterrent, it doesn't, people who commit murder more often than not don't think about the consequences. besides, research has shown that the number of murders has not gone down since it's reinstatement. so what exactly is the point of the death penalty? like cheeseman says, to save some money? i think that's an awful way to look at it....

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote