Music Banter - View Single Post - is it ok to screw animals?
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 08:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Default is it ok to screw animals?

i'm not asking cause i want to screw animals (promise). i was just thinking... what is the reason it's not ok to screw animals again? i have heard that it is wrong because sex requires consent.. but that only applies to humans. sex with a doll for example doesn't require consent. so if sex with animals requires consent then you are extending human rights to animals. in which case we probably shouldn't be slaughtering them cause we like the way they taste, or doing experiments on them that we think it would be unethical to do to humans.

the way i look at it either animals' lives aren't worth that much so we do what we please with them or they are worthy of rights in which case we are way out of line with how we currently treat them across the board. i'm having trouble finding the middle ground where slaughtering them is fine, keeping them in captivity for entertainment is fine, injecting them with **** to see what happens is fine, but screwing them is over the line.

another possible objection i thought of is maybe we consider exploitation of animals ok depending on the objective. so we consider food (farming), sport (hunting, rodeos, etc), science (experimentation), and education (zoos and ****) to be worthy causes for animal exploitation. but exploiting them for sex is wrong for whatever reason. as for what that reason is i'm not quite sure.

thoughts?