Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 03:50 PM   #974 (permalink)
IamAlejo
Muck Fusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
your point being? yes i'm a liberal, and you would have been right to expect me to say i'm against it, but what annoys me is that you persistantly deny something that is painfully obvious to everyone on this board. disagreeing with Bush about the supreme court candidate is a minor and insignificant issue, your support of the war in iraq and his internal policies ( i still vividly remember you beaming at his speach after hurricane katrina ) added with you supporting the death penalty ( just like 2+2 equals 4 ) means you're a republican. don't be a bitch and say it....i was raised in an ultra conservative family and yet my political views are very different form those of the rest of my family

you make it sound like being in prison is like going on a picnique. i'd like to see you doing life in a maximum security prison with 2000 hardened criminals waiting to make you their bitch. an eye for an eye philosophy has no buisness existing in the 21st century. and what fascninates me is that most republicans and advocats of the death penalty are supposed to be christians. christianity is very clear on that matter, only God has the right to decide when someone lives or dies. and, like half_baked, i would be more than happy to pay an extra buck or two just so i don't have another mans life on my soul.
Well first of all, for being the "Superman" of liberals like you act like, God has nothing to do with how our government and punishments dealt by our government should do. It's called seperation of Church and State. I know you aren't from America, but here that is becoming even more and more seperated with the Supreme Court decisions.

And please continue to beat something out of me that isn't there. I've got work. I'll write more later.