Music Banter - View Single Post - is it ok to screw animals?
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 11:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
i'm not asking cause i want to screw animals (promise). i was just thinking... what is the reason it's not ok to screw animals again? i have heard that it is wrong because sex requires consent.. but that only applies to humans. sex with a doll for example doesn't require consent.
Dolls are inanimate objects with no concept of existence whatsover. Why even bring that up?

Sex with animals is wrong because they can't consent and even if they did... I mean come on dude. It's like tryna pick up on a really drunk girl too blitzed to know left from blue, you just don't do that ****. You call her a cab and get her a glass of water or you're a piece of ****.

Quote:
so if sex with animals requires consent then you are extending human rights to animals. in which case we probably shouldn't be slaughtering them cause we like the way they taste, or doing experiments on them that we think it would be unethical to do to humans.
Yep. Pretty much exactly this. It's sick what is done to intelligent, sentient, living beings.
Quote:
the way i look at it either animals' lives aren't worth that much so we do what we please with them or they are worthy of rights in which case we are way out of line with how we currently treat them across the board.

Quote:
i'm having trouble finding the middle ground where slaughtering them is fine, keeping them in captivity for entertainment is fine, injecting them with **** to see what happens is fine, but screwing them is over the line.

None of those things are fine
. Most people just don't give a ****.

Quote:
another possible objection i thought of is maybe we consider exploitation of animals ok depending on the objective. so we consider food (farming), sport (hunting, rodeos, etc), science (experimentation), and education (zoos and ****) to be worthy causes for animal exploitation.

thoughts?
I wouldn't ever do it unless I had to but the way I see it if you're gonna eat an animal, have the stones to kill it yourself. Hunting for sport? Sub-human. Industrialized meat-farming is sick but we've all seen the videos and heard the stories. Buying meats locally is a good way to not contribute to that if you're, you know, one of those people- but I find eating meat objectionable simply because it's highly, highly, highly unnecessary. Eating meat is basically just vanity. I like the way it tastes so I'll conveniently not think or pretend to care about it's whereabouts. Only a gigantic pussy would think like that. Rodeos are stupid, The End. Science... it depends on what's being done. I find it very saddening but stuff like cancer research and disease control and all that... kind of important. In the end I do think human lives, for the most part, are more important than "animal's". But that's very, very, very far from any sort of justification for how they are treated in almost all cases.

Zoos can be cool. Some of them are basically wild-life rescues, the animals held in captivity wouldn't survive in the wild because whatever circumstances made it so. Others... not so much. Pretty lame to put a bunch of critters in cages so toddlers and their parents can gawk and then later forget about them.

Quote:
but exploiting them for sex is wrong for whatever reason. as for what that reason is i'm not quite sure.
because they can't consent and because if they could it'd still be just lame and gross.
And still people want me dead
~msc

Last edited by GuD; 08-25-2014 at 12:01 AM.