Music Banter - View Single Post - Why such controversy on Nu Metal?
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 03:46 AM   #201 (permalink)
Dylstew
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
I agree, art simplicity can be just as creative as something that is technical. Good insight Necro.
I agree, since I prefer Punk over Metal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicfanatic View Post
I don't know much about hardcore, but what I do know is that I think you might have a point. Some nu-metal is angst ridden, plus very screamy, and I do believe that that was some of what hardcore was about. Correct me if I'm wrong, any hardcore fans.

Never heard of Revolution, or Helter Skelter? Both are pretty heavy.

That's hardcore? I bought My War by them. Is that still in the style? Is the Damned hardcore, or just punk?

No to black metal? I think those church burnings across the lake were kind of controversial, and it had to do with black metal being taken too far...

Um, some, so yes.

About Black Metal, I mean the music, not the things around it..

About hardcore, Well, Black Flag changed a lot, it's not your typical hardcore punk. My War actually has Sludge Metal elements, and In My Head for example has this post-hardcore thing going on.
The EP's before their first album with their other singer are considered hardcore punk. I think it just sounds like Punk Rock Though, but it doesn't matter all that much.

Hardcore Punk = Minor Threat, Bad Brains, MDC, Discharge, early D.R.I, Negative Approach, Verbal Abuse, negative FX, Gang Green, Early Government Issue, Necros, early Suicidal Tendencies, Poison Idea, Circle Jerks, Agnostic Front, etc

Last edited by Dylstew; 08-25-2014 at 03:54 AM.
Dylstew is offline   Reply With Quote