Music Banter - View Single Post - is it ok to screw animals?
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 07:46 PM   #49 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

I think you missed the point Bat is making in that people still pick and choose with no logical way of justifying it. Like DJ said you can't apply logical reasoning to it because not all people think logically about everything. No matter how much you reason with someone if it comes to an issue of morality/philosophy/ethics, there is nothing you can say to change the mind of a firm believer. Emotions are stupid/hypocritical when it comes to decision making but most of us do it at some level. The one's who don't are labeled sociopaths.

Bottom line is people use morality/emotion instead of logical reasoning to justify their "no" answer in this debate. The same people saying "no" have no problem with using animals for certain things they deem okay and are morally against things they have no use for. Why don't you just admit it instead of trying to argue that it's logical?

Also, the only animal I can think of in that category is dogs. Cats, livestock, rodents, reptiles, etc are all perfectly suited for surviving in the wild without us, given the appropriate environment. We bred the survival traits out of dogs to make them subservient. How do you justify that as an animal lover? It was bred to love you so it's okay? So by your logic, if we start breeding animals to f*ck us that's okay too. We need them because we have made ourselves "need" them not because we actually do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump