Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 11:44 PM   #16357 (permalink)
ladyislingering
Maelian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I'm so ****ing sick of smelling cigarette smoke everywhere I go. I can't escape it! People do it at my place, bus stops, I can smell it inside when I'm in buildings! I feel like I don't get a choice in smelling people's second hand smoke. It's disgusting. I don't care if people do it but do it where you're not exposing other people to it. Eventually it will be banned publicly here but it's a while to go yet.
My neighbor likes to sit downstairs in the stairwell and smoke. It's so gross. She's a kind person and I don't mind her at all (her daughter is quite repulsive, though) but it's really irritating to be coughing before I can get my own door open. I get that it's not my place to judge them or whatever, but they could at least have the decency to do it somewhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
I really do love the smell, always have even before I smoked. I like musky scents though, strange that way.
I knew we'd finally differ somewhere. :P

I'm really sensitive to most scents for some reason (my grandma and mom are the same way) - I can't even spend too long in the detergent aisle at the grocery store, and I've had customers wearing too much perfume/cologne that have given me migraines. Cigarette smoke disturbs my breathing (I have asthma) and (of course) gives me a headache. I can't even be around people who smoke just because their clothes smell so awful. They may as well be walking around with shit in their pants.

(I love the smell of old books and records, and I have a few favorite perfumes, though - I'm not totally hopeless. )