Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 11:04 AM   #185 (permalink)
Key

I honestly have no idea if i've talked about this in another entry, but I figure i'd bring it up (again). Reinxeed's 1912 album has been something I've been listening to almost non stop. It feels like an addiction now where I can't even go a day without listening to one song off of the album. My last.fm is proof of this:

I think one of the main reasons why I have grasped onto this album for so long is simply because it's a concept album done right. It's based on the history of the Titanic, and lyrically it does a fantastic job. It also paints a picture as to what it would have been like to be present for that time in history. This song is one of the finest examples of that:

"Welcome to all, climb aboard
To the biggest luxury that man has build
Sail far away for a new horizon, everyone's invited
All alone on the ocean they declined
The warnings that they've got
"Iceberg ahead, if you turn it's too late"
But no one cared
"

If that opening doesn't get you instantly hooked, I don't know what does. The song is catchy and beautifully structured.

The album as a whole is nothing short of amazing, and definitely worth a listen if you're into a really well done concept album.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote