Music Banter - View Single Post - 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die- Music Banter Edition
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 04:41 PM   #140 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

^totally agree with you Zero....still not my favorite album by them but i think it's a great example of the turning point of punk with a much more artistic level

80. The Cure - Faith (1981)

i feel like several Cure albums will end up on this list (perhaps all by me )....so i figured i'd state my case for what i think is their best output

it's almost always a toss up between Faith and Seventeen Seconds for me but Faith always just nudges in for the win....for me it's a much moodier album and i just feel the music gels perfectly on this one

thios album just seems to go everywhere while staying on a somewhat snide despondent theme....Primary and Doubt are textbook The Cure version of post punk....where Other Voices, The Drowning Man and The Holy Hour are dark and moody....but All Cats Are Grey and The Funeral Party almost feel like they belong as part of the soundtrack for Twin Peaks....and then there is the albums title track Faith....which is in my opinion epic....by far one of my favorite songs by The Cure and easily of all time....it honestly encompasses everything i just said about this album

81 DEVO - Duty Now For The Future (1979)

the Sophomore release from what i think is one of the most important bands of the 20th century and their final album before accidentally tripping into pop obscurity

in typical Devo style this album is a sarcastic look and humanity and human behavior...the needlessness of our desire and the hopelessness of what is becoming the modern age while at the same time celebrating just how fucking awesome all of this stuff is...all of this and keeping their unforgettable sense of humor and fun...there truly is only one Devo

musically i think this has some of the best stuff mark ever did with his synth....and both Bob's are amazing...people still think to this day that this album had a drum machine on it and i think this certainly has some of Alan Myers best drumming

before this is over i will have easily listed Devo's first four album (unless some wonderful person beats me to it) as they all should be required listening
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote