Music Banter - View Single Post - The Anime/Manga thread
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 06:10 PM   #470 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

I've seen pictures of her, but didn't know she was a new character. I was kind of thinking that she was a redesigned Asuka. Glad she isn't, though. Asuka doesn't need redesigning. My fav character as well. She reminds me of a more extreme version of certain members of my family who shall remain unnamed, so she was weirdly familiar to me.

You should also read the Eva manga too if you haven't. A lot of it is pretty faithful, but some of the characters are a bit different in some interesting ways. They also change some events, such as Shinji and Asuka's training to fight the angel that splits in two, that at times really improves on the original. There are a couple things I didn't like, but in some ways it's actually better than the original. They also expand on Shinji's relationship with his father too, which is a big draw for me, although I don't know that it was necessary. The ambiguous nature of their relationship was kind of perfect. Maybe a tad too ambiguous, but better than being too explained. Still, it's an interesting addition.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote