Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 09:33 AM   #9057 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulflower View Post
Okay, well I apologize for that.

However, this site is really cliquish and not welcoming.

It really turns people away and it doesn't seem like a music site and more like a hang out spot where people who already know each other talk amongst those specific people.

Its not a good look for a music site, just expressing my opinion from what I have observed here.
In my experience all forums are like that and I've been on all sorts from tv ones, sport ones, nerdy ones, wrestling ones, music ones, tech ones .. the lot.

It's just human nature, people just love to correct other people and tell them that they're wrong and then as they settle in you gradually you get a mob mentality who like to test newcomers and people who don't want to abide by the Status Quo.

I was ripped to shreds when I first came here and those are some of my happiest memories here, not because I was confrontational even though I enjoyed it, but because I made people see my way of thinking and agree with me even though they thought I was an asshole. Some still do and I'm glad of that.

Some people want to do it the easy way and earn respect by kissing peoples asses, I didn't do that and I don't see you doing it either, and that's why I respect you.

It's not the forum, it's just the uninteresting sheep like members who have nothing to say that constantly look for attention from others like them here.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote