Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 09:55 AM   #9071 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulflower View Post
I think trying to grammer correct people on public message boards is hilarious and snobbish. People look for petty things just to attack people when they disagree with their opinion.
I hope you can see I wasn't trying to influence or interpret your actual opinion, I was just trying to emphasize what blackdragon was trying to tell you about the expression you used. It has nothing to do with how you feel about the forum, which is a perfectly valid opinion to have. It's just usually held by newer members, which is why I pointed out that you have been here a while.

Grammar and written/spoken language was invented to communicate. If you MEAN something but then say it grammatically wrong and people think you mean something else, then it is YOUR fault, not the listener's. And people getting that particular expression wrong bothers me and many other people, so spreading the education is worth it.

Btw, if you really didn't care about what people think about your opinion, you wouldn't be expressing it on a public forum for people to openly comment on.