Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 01:07 PM   #6699 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
i agree but don't you think it also kinda adds to the realism of the environment?

i mean if we're gonna edit every little boring thing we find in games we'll probably f*ck up the structure of it cause we just want to skip to the action.

I bet you alot of ppl just plowed through Mass effect just to bang a hot alien and i bet you those ppl didn't appreciate the scenery or the ambience the game creates.

in that specific case you're in the elevator of your ship but imagine they didn't have that feature and instead they had a convenient tele-transportator you could use to go to any room directly.
that would take you directly to your objective but you would lose the exploration and the ambience of the game in the process
I almost want to say you've never played Mass Effect 1 before. If you've played them, you would know how bad the elevators are. Their meme-worthy, that's how bad they are.

And no, teleportation, while nice, is certainly not necessary when you could just make the elevators move at an acceptable speed–not even fast, just an acceptable speed.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote