Music Banter - View Single Post - 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die- Music Banter Edition
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 01:25 AM   #159 (permalink)
Dylstew
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post

66. Minor Threat - Complete Discography (1989)

in my opinion this is one of the most quintessential punk rock albums....if you have not heard Minor Threat you have not heard hardcore music

this Discography covers their two full length albums, one EP, and singles/compilation tracks....it has 27 songs and is a mere 51 minutes long

i can still remember the first time i heard this album and the feelings it invoked in me.....and after all these years i can still scream along and still know every word to all of these tracks....thus an absolute classic

keep in mind much of this was recorded when these guys were mere teenagers...and although there is major influence from bands like Bad Brains and Black Flag....this entire album really stands on it's own....the guitar has such a wonderful fuzz element it could almost be psychedelic.....were it not played at blast beat quickness and full of anger....the bass and drums are text book hardcore beat keeping....at a time when all of this was being invented....then there is Ian....his presence as vocalist is demanding, in your face and unrelenting....his lyrics are amazingly mature, often self reflective, always angry

when it comes to hardcore punk this is a must

FLEX YOUR HEAD!

"

I absolutely love that minor threat album. The minor threat EP is great from start to finish, but my favourite song out of step(with the world) on the In My Eyes EP(that version is a lot better than the actual Out of Step one).

Last edited by Dylstew; 08-30-2014 at 01:36 AM.
Dylstew is offline   Reply With Quote